In the world of retail business, transactions typically happen between manufacturers and retailers. Obviously, you need to source your products from SOMEWHERE before selling your products to your target consumers in the market. However, it’s best if you can be sure you’re going to receive consistent supply from a highly reliable supplier. However, obtaining your products directly from a manufacturer can sometimes be a bit complex and time-consuming. This is where a wholesaler comes into the picture.
In this article, we will share why you as a retailer must buy from a wholesaler.
What a wholesaler is and does
A wholesaler acts as a link between you as the retailer and the manufacturer. However, there’s more to this than what you might think they do. The truth is that a wholesaler can also perform the following functions:
- Sales and promotion – bridging the gap between manufacturers and retailers
- Credit facility – selling goods to retailers on a credit or terms basis
- Warehousing – holding vast warehouses for large amounts of stock
- Assortment building – picking items and developing assortments
- Risk absorption – absorbing risks by taking title and bearing losses
- Data source – providing information on competitors’ moves, products and trade policies.
Here at Globe Imports, we’ve been in the business of selling wholesale gifts and decor since 1988. Our ultimate goal is to offer something in every price range with excellent value and great service in mind to benefit growing businesses. If you need wholesale home decor for retailers, we’ve got you covered!
Why you must purchase from a wholesaler
Let’s now take a look at the benefits of dealing with a wholesaler. Take note of the following details:
- Knowledge and expertise: You can expect wholesalers to be highly knowledgeable and have a high level of expertise in the retail business you’re in. As such, you can take advantage of their experiences in the retail industry to help you grow your company.
- Fairly reasonable prices: Another reason to deal with a wholesaler is to keep the prices of goods stable to result in cost reduction over time. While it may be cheaper to buy directly from a manufacturer, a wholesaler levels the playing field.
- Limited infrastructure: Most manufacturers are small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that have limited infrastructure because they haven’t been around for long. This is where a wholesaler becomes beneficial. They can help those manufacturers for their own benefits while helping retailers as well.
- Retailer size: If you are a small-time retailer, you may not have space to buy goods in bulk from manufacturers. For this reason, a wholesaler can help. While they keep goods, you can get supplies from them consistently.
- Straightforward transaction: What’s great about dealing with a wholesaler is that they can reduce the complexity in business transactions. Purchasing products and making a deal with them can make a world of difference.
At this point, you now know what a wholesaler is and does, such as sales promoting to warehousing and data sourcing. To that end, be sure to consider all the valuable benefits of doing business with a wholesaler—knowledge and expertise, reasonable pricing, limited infrastructure, retailer size, and straightforward transaction. By getting your consistent supply from a highly reliable wholesaler, your small retail business will grow, thrive, and flourish in the long run!
As a gift and wholesale home decor supplier in the USA, we have a wide array of quality merchandise products sold at competitive prices for resale purposes. Check out our wide selection of products and place your order today!